BSDA will lead Sport Diplomacy Academy - SDA
Sport Diplomacy Academy SDA project is legacy of recent First Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU 2018 and will focus on Western Balkans lot as a logical follow up of all implemented #EU2018BG
Main activities: prioritizing the EU perspective and connectivity of the WB, referring to the SofiaDeclaration and Sofia Priority Agenda. Both #EU and WB partners should continue to invest efforts in strengthening the cooperation and good practices exchange, focused on democracy, security and fundamental rights.
Project will ensure the educational mobility of coaches and other staff of sport organisations (incl. volunteers) linked to professional and grassroots sport. The 4 modules of mobility, held in each one of the partners countries with the same group of participants from the project target group will improve their competences as well as their qualifications and acquire new skills through learning mobility and spending a period of time in a foreign country (in and outside of the EU). Learning mobility will be planned as an investment in human capital and a contribution to the capacity building of various sport organisations with clear focus on building a network of well-trained sport diplomats.
After the implemented project mobilities, each of the partner countries will possess with at least 20 well trained “diplomats in sport suits” with great skills and knowledge in the field of sport diplomacy (policy dialogue and international relationship, campaign creation, successful communication (verbal & non-verbal), public speaking, media relationships, protocol and etiquette, EU foreign policy and values). The network that project will create (4 countries-20 people each) will focus on supporting and developing EU integration of WB in the field of sport and will be quality provider of EU values in their local environment. For the delivery of the modules will be recruited the best EU experts in each field and in the agenda will be planned quality space for NFE activities and good practices exchange.
Project will involve 4 partners-3 EU (Applicant – Bulgarian sports development association /BSDA/, Croatian sport umbrella organization – Rijeka sport association, ENDAS - Italian grassroots sport organization) and 1 WB (BRAVO - Bosnian Youth and sport NGO). Partners has worked together for several years already, implementing different scale of projects and cooperating in different frameworks.
Main outcomes: EU network of sport diplomats for WB’s sport development
Project will include also the following concrete results:
- 80 “diplomats in sport suits” /20 per country/, focused on delivering EU integration in the countries of WB area;
- Local dissemination events (400 pax) - snowfall effect of the acquired skills and knowledge;
- Platform for WB sport development - practical tool for resources and EU sport values with accent on Sport diplomacy and GoodGovernanceSport.
Learning mobility will be planned as an investment in human capital and a contribution to the capacity building of various sport organizations with clear focus on building a network of well-trained sport diplomats.
- Module 1: Sport diplomacy, EU foreign policy, EU values, Policy dialogue and international relationships;
- Module 2: Summary and feedback of Module 1, local practice reports, Good governance in sport;
- Module 3: Summary and feedback of Module 2, local practice reports, Campaign creation, Successful communication (verbal & non-verbal), Public speaking, Protocol and etiquette;
- Module 4: Summary and feedback of Module 3, local practice reports, Working with media, Working with specific target groups, Sport diplomacy for development, How to put on practice the knowledge we got.
Project is co-funded by Erasmus Plus Programme of the European Union – Sport chapter – „Exchanges and mobility in sport” – EAC/S15/2018 (lot 1).
Project start date: 01/01/2019
Project duration: 24 months